- About Us
- Barcelona Location
- Essential Info
- Course Dates
- CELTA Course
- About the ESL Profession
- Jobs in the ESL World
- Teaching Abroad
- Job Tips
- Post a Job
- My Teaching House - ESL Teacher's Community
- Contact Us
The building and its facilities
The school's facilities include:
- 40 air-conditioned classrooms, all with natural light
- Computers and interactive whiteboards in nearly all the classrooms used by the Teacher Training Department
- An Internet Room with computer facilities which are free for students, including free access to online Spanish courses
- Adjacent to the bar area, a free Wi-Fi internet connection (not available to phones or other handheld devices)
- A well-stocked library and study centre (picture, above), with an excellent set of resources for trainees on Teacher Training courses
- A bar which is open all day providing hot and cold food and drinks
- A rooftop terrace where students can relax in the sunshine
- Bathroom facilities for disabled students
TH Barcelona has six full floors dedicated to the school so that we can provide you the greatest possible environment for learning.
The six floors include:
• F Floor In-Company Training, Spanish Teacher Training and classrooms
• E Floor Computer Room and classrooms
• D Floor English Department, bar, terrace and classrooms
• C Floor Courses Abroad, ELT Teacher Training, Spanish Department, Admin Offices and classrooms
• B Floor General Reception and classrooms
• A Floor Library and classrooms
The computer facilities for trainees are to be found in the Internet Room ('E' floor), shown in the image above. The facilities include 15 PCs equipped with Windows XP, on which we are using Microsoft Office, with a good Internet connection. Trainees used to the sort of speed you get in the US, for example, may however be slightly disappointed with what is considered good in Spain. There is also a laser printer (black and white only), and a scanner. All of the above is included as part of your course (though we do charge for printing things which are for personal rather than for course use). The Internet Room in fact occupies two rooms, one of which you will occasionally find closed either for a seminar (including one of the input sessions on the CELTA course) or because there is a teacher using it with a group of students.
The Internet Room is staffed by Tom, Sergio and Natxo. If you need any help with anything at any time, please do come and ask: providing help is what we are there for.
For things that are course-related, your tutor is obviously the person to turn to for help; but if it's technology-related, head up to 'E' floor!
For anything to do with Barcelona, we can probably also help, apart from anything else as we maintain a Barcelona directory of sites of all kinds of interest to our students.
For anyone not particularly proficient with computers (not something which any of our courses require), we are also happy to provide the help you might need with the basic things you may want or need to do.
For the duration of your course, wireless access is available to you free of charge provided you have a suitably equipped laptop.
We regret that access is not possible on a hand-held device (iPhone, etc.)
The Internet Room is open to all students at IH at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday, 10.30 to 21.00
- Friday, 10.30 to 18.00
- Saturday, 9.30 to 13.00
However, during CELTA courses, the room is also open from 8.00am (i.e. before your first session of the day) from Monday to Thursday.
A different timetable may operate in August and over the Christmas and Easter holiday periods.